November 3 All School Meeting and Spirit Day (Dress Like Your Friend) - Plovers will present
November 9 O&A with Trackers Portland 12:15 - 1:45
November 10 No School
Homework Due by Thursday, November 2nd
1. Read for at least 20 minutes every night.
2. Complete at least 30 minutes of math practice
3. Complete at least 20 minutes of typing practice.
4. Optional: Compete Paragraph of the Week writing assignment.
Prompt: Spending time with friends is enjoyable. Write about an experience you shared with a friend.
Paragraph of the Week
Plovers can now earn bonus pay for completing extra writing practice at home! Every week, I will post a new writing prompt in the newsletter and in the classroom. Responding to these prompts will support the narrative writing we are currently working on in the classrooms, but this extra homework assignment is optional. If your student would prefer to type their essay instead of writing it, they can email it to me at email@example.com or bring in a printed copy.
Expectations for Paragraph of the Week:
- Write at least 5 sentences.
- Tell about one time you did something and include details.
- Your story should have a beginning, middle and end.
- Sentences have correct capitalization and punctuation.
- Neat handwriting.
Upcoming Out and Abouts
This week, an educator from the Washington County Museum will meet the Plovers at the Forest Grove Library for a presentation about the Chinook people, who lived along the Columbia River. Next week, we will work with Trackers Portland to learn about archery! Parents, please complete the Trackers permission slip before Friday, Nov 3rd by following the instructions below.
We are excited to have your student join us for a field trip we are doing with Forest Grove Community School. Here are directions on how to fill out the online permission slip.
To begin your registration please log into your Trackers online account or if you do not have one please create one before registering. Trackers Earth Account Creation or Log In: https://new.trackersearth.com/users/sign_in
Once you log into your account will need to click on this registration link: http://new.trackersearth.com/legacy_checkouts/new?cart=9999800004247
At the payment page, please click Pay Later and enter the code “campcredit”
1. Mystery Readers - I have spots available every Tuesday and Thursday at 3:00 for mystery readers, but I can add more if those times do not work with your schedule. Please email me if you need to schedule an alternative time.
2. Library Chaperones - Chaperones needed for our next library visit 11/27
3. Laundry and Dish Duty - Needed 11/17
Last week was a very short week due to goal setting conferences! Plovers prepared for conferences by setting a literacy goal and a citizenship/stewardship/scholarship goal for themselves, and students picked a Tower of Books reading challenge to complete at home. Thank you to families who were able to attend conferences to hear about your student's goals and take home a folder with materials to support your Plover at home. An extra special THANK YOU to the FGCS Parent Group and all the volunteers who supplied teacher refreshments for the extra long conference days! The treats were delicious and very much appreciated!
Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Parents and students can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a voice message on the class phone or set up a time to meet with me before/after school.