The Tower of Books Reading Challenge!
Welcome to the Tower of Books Challenge, an independent reading challenge for your child.
Here’s how it works:
Your child’s goal is to read all of the books from the categories listed on their challenge checklist. He or she will check off one of the boxes each time a book is read. After checking off a box, it’s time for him/her to add on to... the Tower of Books!
1. Tape together the “Tower Template.”
* Try hanging it on the fridge or rolling it like a scroll!
2. Cut out a book spine.
3. Fill in the book information.
4. Glue or tape it to the “Tower Template.”
... How high can you stack them?
Consider an incentive for every tenth book your child reads from the list. Here are a few fun ideas:
* Pick the family dinner.
* Mini-date with mom or dad.
* Pick a movie for family movie night.
* Choose a new book from a bookstore.
Your child will hopefully get a taste of some different types of books he/she may not have read before, and all the while have fun keeping track of his/her reading! When your student has completed their challenge, please email me a photo or have them bring their tower to school so I can award them bonus pay for meeting a goal! Happy stacking!