May 31 Celebrations of Learning 5:00 - 6:30pm
June 1 Talent Show 9:30am
June 4 Library Visit
June 6 All day O&A at Stub Stewart - Chaperones Needed
June 11 Bridging Ceremony 1:00pm
June 12 Field Day and Last Day of School
Homework Due by Thursday, May 31st
1. Read for at least 20 minutes every night and bring in completed Tower of Books!
2. Complete at least 30 minutes of math practice
3. Complete at least 20 minutes of typing practice.
Upcoming Out and Abouts
Are you prepared for the unexpected when you go hiking? During our O&A this week on the B Street Trail, we will focus on what 10 essential items we should always have while venturing out into the wilderness for a hike. Although we will concentrate on how the 10 essentials can be useful while hiking, these skills can prepare our students in the event of an earthquake or other natural disaster.
Laundry and Dish Duty - Needed Friday 6/1 and 6/8
Library Chaperones - Chaperones needed for our last library visit 6/4
Out & About Chaperones - Chaperones needed 6/6 for hiking and outdoor skills!
Last week, we completed the Second Step Child Protection Unit. In these lessons, students practiced three types of skills:
- Personal Safety. Students learned important safety rules, such as safety with guns, sharp tools, and fire, and when riding on wheels or in cars.
- Touching Safety. Students learned about safe, unsafe, and unwanted touches, and rules about touching private body parts. They also learned to say no to unsafe or unwanted touches, and to tell an adult if someone breaks rules about touching private body parts.
- Assertiveness. These lessons gave students a chance to practice asking an adult for help, telling an adult about an unsafe situation, and being assertive to get out of unsafe situations.
The Plovers are working to finish their earthquake writing and other projects for Celebrations of Learning! We hope you'll stop by Thursday evening to see the results of all their learning about earthquakes and emergency preparedness. Your student will lead you through six survival scenarios and then share their writing with you. All Level 2 families should begin their adventure in the Plover classroom and then continue on to the Puffin classroom. Hope to see you Thursday from 5:00 - 6:30!
Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Parents and students can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a voice message on the class phone or set up a time to meet with me before/after school.